Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thankful for Veterans


Today being Veteran's Day makes me think of all the men and women who have sacrificed to serve our country, but especially makes me think of my Grandpa. He was proud to have served his country and he wasn't afraid to tell you about it. He volunteered to serve in WWII and was proud of the fact that he ended up serving on both sides of the ocean(Germany, France and Japan). He passed away earlier this year. I miss him alot but I am thakful for the memories and the stories he shared with us.

I am so thankful to have my freedom and enjoy raising my daughter in a place where we do not live in constant fear for our lives. I am also thankful for being blessed to live in such a wonderful area where the gospel is so prevalent and where we are free to express our beliefs.

Thank you to all who have served and those who currently serve our country! Thank you to the families of those serving, you have to make the greatest sacrifice of all.

1 comment:

Sharla said...

Awesome! I am thankful for your Grandpa too! And all the others who have given EVERYTHING... Thanks for the reminder.