Friday, November 14, 2008

Wow, how time flies!!


First picture
(not an optical illusion, her daddy's hand was really as big as her)
Bundled up to come home! Finally home!!!


One year later and oh so cheesy!



It will be a year tomorrow since we brought our little miracle home with us!Her actual due date was November 14th, so even though she has been 1 since August she should actually be 1 this week!!

For those of you who don't know our story, Taya was born 3 months early when I was in my 26th week of pregnancy. She weighed a whopping 1 pound 6 ounces and was 12 1/4 inches long. It was truly amazing to see such a tiny little baby fight so hard to stay in this world with us! We are so glad she was so stubborn and strong willed!! We remind ourselves of that often because as she grows so does her attitude!

We are grateful for the modern medical technology we have and the wonderful nurses and doctors at LDS/IMC for taking such great care of Taya. You are awesome!!! (especially Amy and Natasha, Taya's primary nurses)

We were thankful to bring her home so close to her due date, and after 96 days in the hospital we were so ready for her to be home with us. I am amazed every day at how well she is doing. She is truly a blessing from our Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that I have been home with her this past year to see her learn and grow. Thanks Jared for working hard so that I can stay home and be with Taya, I know you wouldn't have it any other way and neither would I. Taya is the light of our lives and we are so blessed to have her!!! We love our little stink-bug!

2 comments:

Mamma Morgan said...

We are all so glad to have her home and doing so well. We should not forget the miracle it is to have her mommy with us as well. Don't sell yourself short of the true blessing it is to be alive to watch her grow. Our family would not be complete without either of you. I am reminded of both your miracles everytime I see Taya. We love you very much and look forward to seeing her grow. Watching Jared through that difficult time, was proof to me that you are truly lucky to have such an awesome husband and the love he has for both of you is incredible. HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TAYA! AUNT NET NET LOVES YOU BUNCHES.

Hendrickson Clan said...

Amazing! I am so glad she is doing so well after a rough start. Heavenly Father really knows what he's doing. Thank Heavens!