Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Remembering Grandma

Just wanted to share a few pictures and memories of my Grandma Shriber. I am thankful I was able to be there as she passed away peacefully last Sunday, and even more thankful for the knowledge that I have that she is happy and no longer in pain.

I can't help but think of all the funny things she has said in the past few years as she has gotten older and could get away with saying what she was thinking! She rarely missed a birthday or a Christmas present, even if she just sent a card. I know that I get my collecting of knick-knacks and porcelain from her. I will never be able to read as many books in my life as she read in hers, especially not three at a time. I have never and never will be able to see or hear something about Elvis without thinking of how much she loved his music and him! I'll think of her anytime I see a palm tree or a beach or a beautiful flower.

'Till we meet again Grandma. Love you!

No comments: