Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful for family Veterans

I'm so thankful for all who are currently serving or who have served our country to protect the freedoms we enjoy every day!

We are proud to have Veterans in our family and I just wanted to give a little tribute to them today! We love you and are thankful for your service.

My Grandpa: Donald Jay Morgan

Jared's Grandpa: Ted H. Carlson

These two men both served in WWII and we are fortunate enough to have a typed diary that Jared's grandpa kept while he was serving. We think, from stories my grandpa told and stories in the diary, that these two may have been serving in the same place at the same time. We have read bits and pieces of it over that past few months and it always makes me feel a great sense of respect and gratitude for what they went through.

P.S. Sorry Dad, I didn't have a picture of you from when you were in the National Guard. I will have to fix that and run up and grab one to post a little later! Just wanted to say thanks for serving, love you!

1 comment:

Shirlee said...

Very cool. I had no idea grandpa had a diary.